LeveldCareers Cybersecurity Analyst Course, May 2023 – September 2023
Engaged in a comprehensive cybersecurity certification program encompassing both practical and theoretical aspects:
- Honeynet Creation & Attack Simulation: Utilized Azure to architect a honeynet using virtual machines and exposed them to real-world traffic. Established an attack VM to emulate specific cyber threats (brute force, EICAR files) using PowerShell scripts.
- Threat Analysis: Leveraged Kusto Query Language (KQL) for log analysis.
- Incident Response: Implemented alert rules within Azure Sentinel, enabling real-time incident detection. Investigated triggered alerts, conducted incident response, and fortified the honeynet’s security.
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals: Delved into core concepts such as the CIA triad, risk assessment, and vulnerability management.
- Regulatory and Framework Proficiency: Studied and gained insights into frameworks and regulations including NIST 800-53, NIST 800-61, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, HIPAA, and PCI DSS.
Intellectual Point SOC Pathway Training Program, July 2022 – July 2023
Undertook an in-depth cybersecurity course converging essential subjects of CompTIA Security+ (Sec+), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), and Splunk Certification. This holistic curriculum not only fortified my theoretical acumen, but allowed me to experience hands-on use of various technologies.
- Sec+: Immersed in critical areas such as threat management, encryption methodologies, identity systems, risk assessment techniques, and the intricate nuances of security policies and their governance.
- CEH: Cultivated proficiency in ethical hacking—understanding a myriad of tools, strategies for system invasions, in-depth network scanning protocols, sniffing techniques, and preventative measures, from advanced intrusion detection to firewall configurations.
- Splunk: Delved into the vast realm of data analytics with Splunk. Honed skills in developing intuitive dashboards, sculpting visualizations, and orchestrating intricate security reports using sophisticated Splunk command syntax.
The Art Institute of Washington, September 2009 – May 2011
- Studied theoretical and practical applications of microphones, amplifiers, signal routing, audio and video engineering hardware and software, digital audio workstations, and of sound and video recording techniques.
Virginia Community College System, September 2007 – May 2009
- Studied business and general studies, and began to focus on audio and video mixing prior to transferring to The Art Institute of Washington.